Thursday, September 12, 2013

Taxpayer Protest at Old Chesterfield Courthouse on Wednesday September 18th at 6PM...

The Taxpayer is counting down to NOvember 5th... where we are looking from our polling numbers to have a clear defeat (of over 70%) of the proposed meals tax, where we send a message to the elected officials the following message...

"Live within your means or lose your job!!"

The meals tax vote results will send a message so loud and clear that the Board of Supervisors will hear it next March when they try to RAISE your property tax for the NEXT crisis.

YOU may ask the Taxpayer... "But what can I do? I am a Taxpayer too..."

March with The Taxpayer on Wednesday September 18th at 6PM at the old courthouse...



We will drag out the proverbial "fat lady" on the old Courthouse steps who will  be humming a familiar tune regarding the proposed restaurant owner death tax.  (The Taxpayer believes that no government should pick on one industry with a tax. This is clearly a case of the majority picking on a minority.)

Make your plans. Bring a happy meal *Liberate the happy meal!!* and join the Taxpayer!

Bring your signs and your pitchforks to the Old Chesterfield Courthouse to protest the proposed Meals Tax.  We will have games for the kids... like tar and feather your taxers.... (It is for the kids afterall.)




Located at 10011 Iron Bridge Road on the Courthouse green, the old courthouse sits where the first colonial courthouse was once located. The Taxpayer will be there starting at 6PM...


1 comment:

  1. I am beyond frustrated with the corruption, grotesque waste and personal wealth building going on in Washington DC. I repulses me. However, I don't see that here in Chesterfield, but perhaps you might enlighten me. I know the Board of Supervisors and many staff members in Chesterfield County. They are good, honest people who, I believe, just want to do good things for their community.

    I ask you to consider, for a moment, that some taxes may benefit you and your family directly. I have spent a considerable amount of time getting to know the meals tax proposition inside and out. I must admit that I went into this ready to fight it tooth and nail. However, when I considered the factual information, I concluded that it needed further consideration. Please consider some of the facts before making up your mind. I have collected some of these in my personal blog. And, if it sounds familiar to you, it may be because I wrote the recently-published Chesterfield County Chamber of Commerce's position letter on this topic.
    Please consider reading more of my thoughts here:

    http://donttreadondoug.blogspot.com/2013/09/say-yes-to-new-tax-i-am-very-fiscally.html

    ReplyDelete

Taxpayers are frank; but, always polite. Use commonsense and write like you would to your mother...